Explore the many ways to get connected with Redeemer.
1. Snacks!: Greetings parents! Do you know the number 1 question your kids ask at the start of kids' church each week? That's right!...What's for snack? Please help us provide healthy snacks on Sundays for your kids. If every parent contributes snack at least twice per year, this will meet our need and put a smile on the faces of all of our Redeemer kids. If you're not a parent, and would also like to contribute, please talk to Jesus Esparza, our children's ministry intern. You can sign-up here, contact Jesus or sign-up at the lunch benches following service on Sunday.
2. CCDA Conference: The Christian Community Development Association (CCDA) National Conference will be held in Los Angeles in 2016 (August 31-September 3)! This conference provides an opportunity to hear from and interact with "practitioners and partners dedicated to the work of transforming and restoring communities through presence and practice."
Conference registration is open (click here for event details and to register).
In addition to the main conference, there are a number of exciting pre-conference & supplemental events in the works:
El Camino del Inmigrante, August 20-30 (walking the approximately 150 miles from Tijuana, Mexico to Los Angeles, California, USA, highlighting individual stories along the way and learning/reflecting on how our current immigration system impacts specific people groups--you can join in for the final leg in Los Angeles even if you can't participate in the whole walk)
Affordable Housing Bus Tour, August 30
Go & See Events (including one to visit COR/RCP and other Expo Park ministries), September 1 & 2
National Student Leadership Initiative, August 31-September 3 (training for student leaders ages 15-19, teaching principles of Christian community development and providing tools for taking action in participants' home communities)
For more information, or to be connected with Redeemer folks who are involved in conference preparations, contact Jesus
1. "First Generation" Viewing and Discussion: The Youth Group will be hosting a documentary and discussion about the college application process for first-generation college students!
Date: Friday, August 12.
Time: 6:30-9:00 PM.
Location: Jefferson Activity Center (1299 W Jefferson Blvd.)
**The film will be presented in English, with Spanish subtitles and translation.
**Childcare will be provided for elementary and youth-group aged children.
Visit our Facebook event or contact Grace for more information.
2. Back-to-School Supply Drive & Potluck: Summer is coming to an end in just a few weeks, and our kids and youth are headed back to school. Let's help them gear up for the academic year with a few helpful supplies. Click this link to see how you may be able to contribute. Ask friends and family to help too, or post to Facebook.
We will also celebrate and give kids and teachers a send-off with a potluck following church on August 14th. Please sign up here. In addition, there will be a sign-up available at the hospitality table on Sunday morning, as well as warming pans you can pick up if you plan to bring a hot food item to the potluck.
3. Benevolence Fund: Following the example of the Early Church (see Acts 2:42-47 and Acts 4:32-35), Church of the Redeemer maintains a Benevolence Fund, overseen by our Deacons' ministry, to provide financial assistance to people in our congregation and neighborhood as needed. Please keep this ministry in mind, and prayerfully consider making occasional or regular contributions to the fund. Benevolence
4. Critical Resistance Workshop: Intro to Prison Industrial Complex Abolition
Critical Resistance Los Angeles (CRLA) will be hosting a 101 workshop on Prison Industrial Complex Abolition on Sunday, August 21st from 2-4pm at Chuco's Justice Center. This workshop will be a great session to come to if you're looking for some more info on CRLA, the jail fight, abolition and/or are interested in joining Critical Resistance. Light refreshments will be provided. Street parking may be difficult to find around 2pm on Sundays. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to ensure a timely start!
1137 E Redondo Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90302-1735
Please rsvp to email@example.com